Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No. 3; Symphonic Dances
This product is currently sold out.
- Piano Concerto No. 3 in D minor, Op. 30: I. Allegro ma non tanto
- Piano Concerto No. 3 in D minor, Op. 30: II. Intermezzo: Adagio
- Piano Concerto No. 3 in D minor, Op. 30: III. Finale: Alla breve
- Symphonic Dances, Op. 45: I. Non allegro
- Symphonic Dances, Op. 45: II. Andante con moto
- Symphonic Dances, Op. 45: III. Lento assai - Allegro vivace
This latest recording presented by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra is the result of a long-standing friendship between acclaimed pianist Garrick Ohlsson and the Symphony. Mr. Ohlsson was the first soloist Spano ever worked with when he made his professional debut with the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and the two have shared many happy collaborations since. When considering his discography, Mr. Ohlsson saw the Rachmaninov 3 as the one piece that has eluded him in recorded form. He approached Maestro Spano about recording the work, and Spano said, 'Well, we have to do it.' Maestro Spano took the opportunity as a chance to also record a signature Spano/ASO collaboration, Rachmaninov's Symphonic Dances. The less-often recorded Symphonic Dances have a long history with the ASO, who has performed them both on tour and in Atlanta many times over the past ten years.